Monday 8 April 2013

Reviewing my Wrestlemania predictions

Until I have the time to sort of a proper Wrestlemania recap (won't be until after my Smackdown recap as well), let's see how I went with my predictions.


Tons of Funk & The Funkadactyls vs Team Rhodes Scholars & The Bella Twins

My prediction: Tons of Funk and The Funkadactyls will pick up a win in what will be a very strange match.
Actual result:... I can't tell you. Because it was axed from the card.

Chris Jericho vs Fandango

My prediction: Fandango will pick up the victory, and my scorecard will read 7.
Actual result: Fandango beat Chris Jericho with a roll-up in a pretty decent match.

Team Hell No vs Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston

My prediction: We'll see new Tag Team Champions, and the dissolution of Team Hell No.
Actual result: Team Hell No retained, looking more united than ever.

Ryback vs Mark Henry

My prediction: I don't care. But if I have to decide, Mark Henry.
Actual result: I really didn't care, but Mark Henry won. 

Wade Barrett vs The Miz

My prediction: The Miz will win, but Barrett will definitely be using his rematch clause soon.
Actual result: The Miz is the new Intercontinental Championship

Orton, Sheamus and Big Show vs The Shield

My prediction: The Shield will be victorious, with or without Orton's help. 
Actual result: The Shield won, and tensions are obvious between Big Shown and Orton/Sheamus

Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger

My prediction: My money's on Alberto Del Rio to retain his championship... for now.
Actual result: Del Rio retained in an underwhelming World title match.

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar

My prediction: Triple H's career lives to fight another day (or year).
Actual result: Triple H manages to take down Lesnar, and his illustrious career continues.


The Undertaker vs CM Punk

My prediction: The streak will live on at Wrestlemania. And it will be a mind-blowing match.
Actual result: 21-0. CM Punk and The Undertaker are two of the greatest of all time, and that match will go down in history.

The Rock vs John Cena

My prediction: John Cena will be walking away with the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania (perhaps not as cleanly as some people are expecting).
Actual result: John Cena was able to get the pin after approximately 3052 AA's and a Rock Bottom. But he didn't give Rock a low blow, he gave him a hug. So I'm a bit sad.


Overall total= 8/9 correct predictions.


Wildcard prediction: Dolph Ziggler?

Ziggler is yet to cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase. And I am quite sad about that. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment